Pamela Russell Ministries (PRM) is guided by the Holy Spirit. Using the Bible as the authority, creatively structures and manages formal and informal learning experiences in such a way that students are:
1. Led to discover what Scripture says, what it means, how it applies to their lives, and to how respond appropriately to its message.
2. Guided in the formation and expression of godly character qualities and essential Christian attitudes in keeping with scriptural emphasis.
3. Directed in the development of a distinctly Christian lifestyle in obedience to the will of God and the pattern of Christ.
4. Encouraged to live their lives in the power of the Holy Spirit.
Pamela Russell Ministries’ values and is governed by the following principles.
The Process of Development.
Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:Philippians 1:6
Spiritual transformation is not a crisis event; it takes place over time. Step by step we are being changed from glory to glory. There is no expectation that a single lesson will accomplish all that God desires in a student’s life. Aware that Christian maturity is a lifelong process, PRM exercises patience and faithfulness in ministry, class after class, to see lives formed in the image of Christ.
Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.2 Timothy 2:15
Elder Pam Russell, Th.D. is qualified to teach. Her training must be educationally sound, comprehensive, ongoing, and practical with an emphasis on spiritual dynamics. She stays fresh and relevant in order to continue to make a difference in today’s world.
And they said one to another, did not our heart burn within us, while he talked with us by the way, and while he opened to us the scriptures?Luke 24:32
Teaching is more than talking, and learning is more than listening. PRM works to create and manage student learning experiences that lead to understanding and applying God’s Word. PRM understands the teaching ministry is not limited to the classroom. Teaching involves making the most of informal opportunities that lead to spiritual discovery and growth.
All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: 17 That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.2 Timothy 3:16-17
The Bible cannot be overemphasized. It is the most important curriculum for faith formation. In short, the Bible is our instruction manual on how we should live and relate to God, fellow Christians, unbelievers, and the world around us. It also serves as our moral compass and exposes sin in our life. We cannot make nor be disciples without the Bible.
23 And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.1 Thessalonians 5:23
PRM designs and facilitates training that includes mind, emotions, and lifestyle. Biblically we our described as mind, body and spirit. Educationally that is the same. ,In educational terminology, these are the cognitive, affective, and psychomotor domains. Learning can be divided into three domains:
- Cognitive, which deals with the intellectual side of learning.
- Affective, which includes objectives relating to interest, attitude, and values relating to learning the information.
- Psychomotor: Which relates to motor skills and actions that require physical coordination.
Based on this information, PRM designs courses to help students:
- Understand and apply the Bible
- Develop godly character and Christian attitudes in every aspect of their lives. Demonstrate a distinctly Christian lifestyle.
- Honor their temples (their bodies) as Christ’s
Dependence on the Holy Spirit.
26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.John 14:26-31
Discipleship is the goal of PRM’s teaching ministry. Though the training follows a defined process, the development of every class and every aspect of teaching, i.e. Bible study, development of the lesson plans, and management of learning experiences, is guided by the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit is a constant presence in the entire teaching/learning context. Life transformation is the need, to become like Christ. That is the goal and the Holy Spirit is the guide.