Matthew 18:20 For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them. (KJV)
Joshua 3:10 And Joshua said, Hereby ye shall know that the living God is among you, and that he will without fail drive out from before you the Canaanites, and the Hittites, and the Hivites, and the Perizzites, and the Girgashites, and the Amorites, and the Jebusites. (KJV)
Are you in agreement?
Throughout this year, you were asked to agree with me as I prayed. The conditions for God to be in the midst of the prayer are clear.
- First, it cannot be just any two or three people together, the people have to be believers; those who have accepted the invitation to salvation and walk in the power of God’s promises.
- It does not matter whether you have an official capacity in the church or not. If you are a believer, you can stand in agreement with any other believer as they pray. Thank you for extending your faith and standing in agreement.
1 Corinthians 5:4 When you gather in the name of the Lord Jesus and I am present with you in spirit, and the infinite power of our Lord Jesus is present also, (The Voice)
- Second, in order for you to agree, you have to believe you are gathered together in the name of Christ, trusting His intercession.
- Each morning, when you access the devotional, you are indicating you believe the information provided is God sent. If you did not believe it, you would not read it. In all of your interactions, test the word and see if God is in it. You don’t want to attach yourself to something that “looks” good but is not God.
1 John 4:4 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world. (KJV)
- Third, you have to believe the prayer is not for fulfillment of some fleshly desire. You have to believe the spirit man is asking, in entire submission to the will of the Father in heaven.
- Ask the Lord to assist you as you discern the motivation. As you continue to spend time with the Lord and try the spirit, the motivation will be exposed. Not just for this devotional but in all the prayers you pray or stand in agreement with.
James 4:3You ask and do not receive, because you ask with wrong motives, so that you may spend it on your pleasures. (American Standard Bible)
If all conditions are met, God is in the midst. With Him, all of His power and majesty is employed to do battle against the enemy. He is in the midst to answer prayer. Just like He did for Daniel, He will fight to get the answer to you. He will also teach your hands to war and your fingers to fight.
Give praise and glory for He is Chayim [el- ō-hēm cha-yim] (The Living God).
Please agree with me as I pray:
Father God, every morning I have asked those who have joined me in this devotional to agree with me in prayer. I believe they did exactly as I asked. I felt their strength, throughout this year, and I really needed it. It is a wonderful thing to live in a world where I can be gathered together with other believers and not be in the same building. We gathered in our hearts and our minds. As we read the devotional, possibly at the same time, we were connected. I believe, as they read the prayers, they were in agreement because it is in submission to Your will, not to bring any fleshly desire. Each prayer has been a request for You to change me, to make me better, to show me what I need to stop doing; and to show me what I need to start doing. All to be done for Your glory and not for mine. I thank You for the prayers I prayed this year. I thank You for those who have stood in agreement with me. I pray the work You have done in me will be done in them. I thank You for being in the midst of us as we prayed…