Epahras, who is also fruit of your ministry, salutes you. What a diligent worker of Christ he is, always laboring on your behalf with great intensity in his prayers. His desire for you is to stand strong in the full accomplishment of Christ and to be fully persuaded in God’s purpose for your lives. (Mirror Bible)
What does your work evaluation say?
When you are working, your employer designates times when you get evaluated. When you apply for a job, you often need a letter of reference. Evaluations happen, via tests, surveys, observations etc., all throughout your life. As a Christian, you are constantly being evaluated by other believers and by non-believers. The Father evaluates you as well.
Your basic and most important duty as a believer is to represent God’s will on earth. You have to fulfill His set qualifications in order to be an effective ambassador/representative. Here is a short position description. The ambassador/representative of the Lord Almighty must:
* Have a disciplined life. (Romans 12:1-2)
* Study the Bible regularly, so you not only speak the word, but live it. (2 Timothy 2:15)
* Pray without ceasing. (1 Thessalonians 5:17)
* Commit yourself to the body of Christ. (1 Thessalonians 3:12)
* Deal with everyone in a way that glorifies God. (John 13:35)
* Help others learn who God is. (Hebrews 13:16)
* Live an upright moral life. (Galatians 5:19-21)
* Honor order and do God’s will. (1 Corinthians 14:33)
* Any other duties as assigned. (You can find all other duties in the 66 books of the Bible.)
If you got an evaluation or letter of recommendation, what would it say? Ask Him.
Psalm 26:1-2 Judge me, O Lord; for I have walked in mine integrity: I have trusted also in the Lord; therefore I shall not slide. 2 Examine me, O Lord, and prove me; try my reins and my heart. (KJV)
If you don’t like His response, change how you are living. People, who speak about you to others or mention you in their prayers, should talk about at least one of those qualities.
Please agree with me as I pray:
Father, I seek to live my life as a stellar representative of You on the earth. I don’t want to wear a decorative pin or put a banner in my car window saying, “What Would Jesus Do”. I want people to look at my life and say, “ I see what Jesus would do”. I want my light to shine so men, women, boys and girls would see my works and glorify You, Who orders my steps. I’m reminded of the passage when Jesus said, “Whom do men say that I am?” If I asked that question about me, my prayer is the world would recognize Christ in me…