2 Corinthians 6:7
We are sheltered in the word, entwined in unveiled truth, in the dynamic of God’s power, because righteousness empowers us with every necessary weapon in our right and left hand to daily live undefeated by any of these onslaughts and contradictions! (Mirror Bible)
Have you accepted your assignment?
When the military has, what they consider, an almost impossible mission to accomplish, they call in the Special Forces Units (i.e., Green Berets, Delta Force, Force Recon and Navy Seals). They know the special forces are going to be successful. These are the people who make it happen. Whoever they are going against is also aware of what and who they are. They understand the special forces’ training and what it means for them to be called in.
Because of the word, the same word that raised Jesus from the dead, you can live a “special forces” life.
Ephesians 4:1-2 So I, the prisoner for the Lord, appeal to you to live a life worthy of the calling to which you have been called [that is, to live a life that exhibits godly character, moral courage, personal integrity, and mature behavior—a life that expresses gratitude to God for your salvation], 2 with all humility [forsaking self-righteousness], and gentleness [maintaining self-control], with patience, bearing with one another in [unselfish] love. (Amplified Bible, AMP)
If you are “special forces” you find your marching orders in 2 Corinthians 6:3-10.
- You do not cause anyone to stumble, so your ministry will not be discredited.
- You live, demonstrating endurance, through troubles, hardships and distresses.
- You stay committed when the work is hard and through sleepless nights.
- You show understanding, patience, kindness, sincere love and truth in your speech.
- You wield the weapons of righteousness in your right hand to attack and your left hand to defend.
- You live for God whether you receive praise or dishonor, a bad report or an excellent report.
- You don’t stop whether the world sees you as genuine or regards you as an impostor.
- You don’t stop even when those who know you act like they don’t.
- Though you feel like you are dying, you live on; beaten, but not killed; sad, but always rejoicing; poor, yet making many rich; having nothing and yet possessing everything.
This is the job of the Christian special forces.
Please agree with me as I pray:
Father, I am grateful I can look at my past because I am still here. My past could be as recent as last week, yesterday or five minutes ago; but I’m still standing. There were times when I thought I wouldn’t make it. I repent because in those times I was not resting in You. There were times when I wanted to give up. I repent because in those times I made it about me and not about the assignment. But I give You all the glory. I’m still here, still seeking You, still loving You. I don’t know if that makes me special forces, but I would like to believe it makes me a special forces recruit. I live my life wanting You to count me as one who can stand, one who is faithful and one You can depend on. I want You to say to the enemy, “Have You considered my servant Pam?” I know You want me to be ready for what comes my way, and so do I…