- In this time of being still, I know that God is keeping me still.
- The interesting thing is that during this process I see myself as having to impress God with stuff. Being still and not doing anything at all is really difficult for me. I am list and completion driven and it does create stress.
- God does not feel any better about me if I do something or if I simply do nothing at all, He is just in love with me.
- But the reality is there is no such thing is doing nothing.
- I have to expect to encounter adversity in my life.
- The closer I get to God the more He will reveal and heal.
I have to remember that I live in a deeply fallen world. I have got to stop trying to find a way to circumvent my difficulties. The main problem with that is an easy lie is that my need for God is masked . When I became a Christian, I infused my life with the very life of God. He empowered me to live on a supernatural plane by depending on him. I have to anticipate coming face to face with impossibilities: situations totally beyond my ability to handle. The awareness of my inadequacy is not something that I should try to convey it is precisely where God wants me – the best place to encounter God is in His glory and power. When I see armies of problems marching toward me I should cry out to God. I should allow God to fight for me. I should watch God working on my behalf and I should rest in the shadow of His almighty presence. — Jesus Calling (August 18)