After settling into the realization that this was not just a jumpstart into prophetic ministry; I was ready to begin.
Because I said yes, anything and everything about me was open for God to reveal. That can be an intimidating place and also a place for the enemy to try and hinder me.
1. Several times this week I encountered situations where the Lord was showing me that I need to be free from condemnation. The thing I need to understand is whenever there was a measure of accusation, that was the enemy. He is the accuser of the brethren. I have to be free from condemnation. Condemnation not just from others but from myself as well.
Phil 3:2-4 2 Steer clear of the barking dogs, those religious busybodies, all bark and no bite. All they’re interested in is appearances — knife-happy circumcisers, I call them. 3 The real believers are the ones the Spirit of God leads to work away at this ministry, filling the air with Christ’s praise as we do it. We couldn’t carry this off by our own efforts, and we know it — (THE MESSAGE)
2. Because this was such a radical change for me, I was concerned about what other people thought. But the reality is, I cannot be moved by my emotions are the emotions of others. If I am easily moved by my emotions then I speak from the soul and not by the Spirit. When I am being led by the Spirit there is no need to ask questions of others and therefore no opportunity for human input or influence.
Rom 8:18 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. (KJV)
3. One of the other feelings that I had was fear. I cannot walk in fear and be led by the Spirit. Not just in the area of the prophetic, but in every area of my life. I have to do the thing that God has given me to do. Only I can hear what God is saying to me for a specific occasion. When He speaks something to me, He has carefully chosen because He has equipped me to do the work. I cannot give it to someone else to do. They will do what they think needs to be done. But what they do may be a blessing, it will not be what God wanted because He gave it to me. I have to do it.
4. I have to come to a place where I recognize, when I look at me, I am able to see the person that God is allowing others to see when they look at me. And even in doing that, I must have no confidence in the flesh.
5. My gifting has nothing to do with people. It has everything to do with God. There is a passage of Scripture that said your gift will make room for you.
Prov 18:16 A man’s gift maketh room for him, and bringeth him before great men. (KJV)
“Room” does not have to be a place in a church necessarily. More importantly it is a place in the flow of what God is doing.
6. I remember several years ago I asked my pastor what does it mean to be “anointed” or to feel the “anointing”. I begin to sense what I believed was the presence of God. I felt:
a. Butterflies in my stomach
b. The hair on the back of my neck stand up
c. Goose bumps on my arms
d. A warm sensation all over my body
e. A quickening and heaviness in the pit of my stomach.
These “signs” was the Lord making me aware of His presence. What I had to the come to know was, “The awareness of His presence” is more important than feeling the sensations. Coming to the place where I will not need the sensations but I will simply “know” that He is with me, in me, and speaking or singing through me is where I got to get to.
Genesis 28:15-16 I am with you and will keep you wherever you go, and will bring you back to this land; for I will not leave you until I have done what I have promised you.” 16Then Jacob awoke from his sleep and said, “Surely the LORD is in this place, and I did not know it.”
7. As God continues to peel back all that is in me and fixes the damage, he will use me to unveil, expose, highlight etc. those things that are like Him or those things that are not like Him.